Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thursday Night

On Thursday night everyone was invited to The Roof for drinks. We were the first to arrive. I ordered another margarita for my first drink, but then I drank dark beers after that. The wedding party rented out part of the bar on the roof. So, everyone was mingling and drinking before dinner.

Caitlin and Bre spent most of the night talking to each other. I was talking to many different people. One lady designs and makes hand crafted boots. She sells them for $1500. Another lady owns a tequila company and she lives in tequila Mexico. The majority of the people there were artists. I also met Paco, who is the nicest man in San Miguel!

Aztoea - The Roof!
At around 8pm, everyone went downstairs for dinner. The restaurant downstairs is different then the one upstairs. So, there were no Jicama tacos. I had this Majetaes with shrimp. It was like this big black pot filled with sauce, shrimp, onions, jalapenos, avocado and cactus. I dished out the pieces into a corn tortilla! It was so yummy. My sister had steak fajitas that she loved!

There was a live band downstairs and they were very good. They played something like Peruvian flute music. We found out later that the drummer in the band worked at the front desk guy at our B&B! He looked so different none of us recognized him!
Caitlin and Bre after dinner. Yummy food makes you happy!

Then, we were went to VC's a discoteca. When we arrive my uncle, aunt and cousin decided to head back to the hotel because the music was loud. My sister, mom and I went inside with Katie, Nigel, Lucas, Darren, and with Bill's brother's, Albert and John. Inside there was another live band. They played 80's hair rock. The bass guitar player was amazing. The most entertaining part was the singer. She was a great singer. But she also had so much energy. She ran around, jumped on tables, laid on the floor and kicked her legs in the air. All sorts of things! It was great! Caitlin, Katie and I danced most of the night. We got other people to dance too. Some people from out B&B were there too and we danced with them as well.

There was some confusion with the cover charge. So, eventually we left. We were going to go to another bar. So we went up to the jardin plaza. We stopped to listen to the mariachi music. It was good, but I am not familiar with that music. Bill's brothers tried to hire them to come to play at the wedding on Friday. Rae and Bill already have a DJ set up!

After that we went down the street, but Albert couldn't find the bar he was thinking of. We ended up at Harry's. My sister, Mom and I decided to head back to the hotel. It was getting late. And my sister has attracted the attention of Lucas. He is very nice and friendly. However, he is very aggressive. She thought it was better to call it a night so we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...