Friday, March 9, 2012

Thursday 3/8/2012

I woke up first at Casa de Calleroni. I went down and had breakfast. Fresh fruit with yogurt, huevos rancheros with coffee. I sat and watched the other people at the bed and breakfast. I like to watch people. When I was nearly finished, my uncle, Jim, came down from his room to grab two cups of coffee.

It took some pictures of the outside of our BB:
Picture of Casa de Calleroni

Then, I went upstairs to change my shoes and get ready for the day. We spent the morning at the market. It was so amazing. There were many vendors selling everything you could imagine, clothes, toys, groceries, bike parts and much more. Caitlin and Melissa bought two necklaces while Karen bought two handmade rugs for her kitchen. Then, the three of them and Briana bought rings. I bought some postcards for my friends.

At one point a man was carry a huge thigh, leg, and hoof of a cow in the market. It was something I had never seen before. Briana was a little afraid. She said it was because her Dad said it was a snake. Clearly it was not a snake. Silly girl!

After shopping we went to lunch at a place across from our Bed and Breakfast. Rae said they had the best cappuccinos, but I had a frappe!

Pictures at Lunch:




After we put our shopping purchases away. We went up the street to the plaza. We took pictures of the church during the day. People were preparing for the Cuban festival. While we were taking pictures, Briana spotted William and his brother's John and Albert at a hotel balcony across from the plaza. She and I waved at them. Then, Karen also waved to them. They were a little embarrassed. I guess they thought we were two young girls waving at them. Which is not that strange, it seems like everyone in town knows William!


Church during the day!

Look you can see Melissa. 

Karen taking a picture of Bre and me!

I spy...Caitlin!


We ran into them on the street a little while later. We all laughed at the confusion. They were going to Ten Ten Pie! It has a patio on the street. It looks very nice. We will probably go there Friday for lunch. William suggested that we go to the park. So we walked down to the park. It was very pretty. It was also nice to sit after walking so far!
Taking a load off!

Probably a picture of me!
After we went to the park, we took William's suggestion and directions down to the Art Institute! It was supposed to have more shops. Apparently, there is a 'side door' because the Art Institute we went to was a school! Defeated we settled for some helado ice cream, and then hoofed it back to the hotel to get ready for our night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...