Tuesday, September 22, 2020

It's been two weeks and it's positive

 


First things first! My at home pregnancy test had two lines! The test line is about a quarter of the darkness of the control line but it is there. I can hardly believe it. 

The first day I tested was 8 days past ovulation (dpo) and it was negative. That was not surprising. I saw some videos on youtube where ladies said they got a positive on 8 days and I was sick of waiting. My ovulation kit had and still has a lot of pregnancy strips so I didn't feel guilty about testing so early.

On DPO 9 I did notice some "spotting" when I wiped. It was just a slightly rustier color than normal. It was lighter spotting than in August so I wasn't sure if it was true. Plus it was a few dpos later than last cycle so I wasn't sure.

After that I waited two days to test again. I know the earliest response it 5 days before missed period, so I thought there was a chance. After three minutes I looked and I didn't see a line. I have been working from my parents home on Tuesdays so I went over there. That evening with the bright lights from my bathroom I saw a super faint line. It was so faint I wasn't sure it was there. So I checked it probably 100 times! The next morning I took the test again when I woke up. But I laid down to wait and fell asleep for another hour. But sure enough there was a light line but it was darker than Tuesday but still very faint. I took a test in the morning again around 6 am. You are supposed to do the tests in the morning because the urine is more concentrated and the HCG hormone can build up enough to show up in your urine. Well, I have been peeing a lot more (I guess that is a symptom of pregnancy), generally I never wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but on Tuesday I went to bed at 10 but got up at 11:30 and at 3:30 to go the the bathroom. So I probably should have tested at 3:30am since that wsa the longest time holding between trips to the bathroom. So I thought that was why the line was faint.

During the day, I honestly thought I was seeing things and didn't believe what I was seeing. So I did some searching online and it said that the tests will say what time you should look at the tests (between 3-5 minutes for mine) and if you miss the time then a faint line could be an evaporation line. So it could be that or it could be light because I had gone to the bathroom in the middle of the night. So on Wednesday night I decided if got up in the morning to pee then I would test then instead. I did get up but this time it was at 2:30ish so it was basically right in the middle of the night. I took the test then and waited the appropriate 3 minutes and the test was positive. It was darker than the previous tests but still very light. I had barely got in 4 hours of holding it which the internet says that it at least needs to be that long. But I was more confident that it was there.

Thursday afternoon, I realized it had been 4 hours or even longer since I went to the bathroom. So I tested again once I had to go and this time the test was darker enough that I could take a picture of it and send it to my friend Kelsi. She confirmed that she saw it too! It was only after that that I felt like it was really real. I was so excited I even yelled woohoo! 

Yesterday evening my roommate Paloma, left to go visit her mom in Mexico for three weeks. She said to me, "Don't get pregnant." 

I said, "I won't." I thought, "I can't get pregnant if I already am."
Today was the day I was supposed to officially take the test and call into the clinic. Since I still have strips I took the test again in the morning, once again after having to get up in the middle of the night to pee. I called in around 6:30 am and left a message with the nurse's triage. I am going it at 10:30am for a blood test. So I will officially know. 

So the first week I had some side effects to the progesterone cream and maybe some left over to the trigger shot, so I won't count that. But in the last day or two I have noticed some soreness in my breasts. It doesn't hurt all the time but I don't usually get tender or sore breasts so I think it is because of pregnancy. The nipples are a bit painful as well. Another symptom is constipation/gas. I have even had some cramping because of the constipation. It makes me a little nervous but I took some metamucil last night to help. I have also been nauseas I feel less nauseas than that one day in August, but I do get little bouts of it. I know the real nausea starts around week 6 so it could get worse yet. My sister did have some morning sickness but it wasn't all day or too much or anything. In Expecting Better it says people who have mornings sickness are less likely to miscarry compared to people who have no morning sickness. So I won't mind having some. One symptom that might be more unusual is that I have been cold more often. I keep my house temp at 77 now that I have a roommate. For most people that would be pretty warm but it's generally comfortable to me, but my feet have been getting cold. I have needed to wear socks to bed or put a blanket on my lap while working. I haven't really seen that as a symptom of pregnancy but it is not a normal thing for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...