Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Year of Challenges

Hey, it has been a while. I have been out of touch because after my first IUI. I had some LIFE changes. I changed companies for the first time since 2008. I rented one of my rooms to a friend and her two puppers. I also became an Aunt.

So I haven't been back for the second IUI, and I just paid to store the semen for longer. All these changes have allowed me to save and earn more in preparation. My HSA from my previous employer is set to pay all the medical expenses of pregnancy. 

I'm not sure when I will try again, but with the coronavirus postponing non essential procedures, I'm waiting at least a little longer. I will reassess in the summer. 

In the meantime this year is themed the Year of Challenges. Years previously I have give up fast food and soda successfully and this year I decided to do the same. Fast food is anything I've seen with a drive thru usually I allow Starbucks but I'm not it this year. Soda is any sugary drinks with a fizz. I also decided to give up alcohol until my birth which is 5 months of the year. 

But I have been watching Wheezy Waiter videos over the last year or more and he has completed many monthly challenges that I decided to do the same. I used monthly goals that he has done or is planning to do this year to label each month.

Lastly, I added the One Tweak a Week for 26 weeks challenge from Paula Pant when I heard her episode regarding the same.

Another podcast, Cortex, that I listen to says to give years a theme instead of a goal. So this year's theme is Challenges. 

So far I have been pretty successful in my challenges except for drinking occasionally during family dinners. If I break a challenge then I have to put $1 to $5 in a jar. My roommate has her own goals so she also contributes to the jar. We will probably use the money to throw a party at the end of the year.

Well until next time. Wash your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...