Tuesday, June 28, 2016

HOSA Hub of Social Activity Post 2

HOSA Post 2 June 11th 2016 

Guess what? This past Sunday I went on a little day trip. I went down to Tucson to visit family. My cousin Bre is moving to Michigan and my aunt had a dinner to send her off. I also made plans to go to Tucson for the 3rd and 4th of July. So I am going to put both trips on one post after that is finished. 

Today, I want to do a second HOSA post about an social activity that happened June 11th. It was the last Saturday before my sister, Caitlin, started working. As you may remember she just graduated in May from school. She already had a job at the time, but it started June 13th. So, earlier in the week I said we should get a drink on the 11th as a send off. That is what we did, we also invited Kelsi because when we went out over my birthday we said we should get drinks soon. 

So I tried to find a location that was centrally located between us that we could have a drink. I wanted to try a place we had not been to before. I used this app called Untapped, which I use to track beers and rate beers that I drink. I like the app because it helps me remember if I liked a beer and sometimes it helps me remember why I liked it. I think the app could be better because it doesn't suggest beers based on previous ratings, but I don't think there is an app that does that! Untapped does have a list and map of venues though. So with that I was found a tap room called Huss Beer Company. I think perhaps I was familiar with the beer from beer festivals because it sounded familiar, but I had never been to the room.

I was a little concerned because the location is in a business plaza, but when I went inside it was very nice. When I first went in the lights were mostly off and the lighting was from the windows. The seating was super cute. There are many tables and chair sets that are all different. There are also games that you can play, which I wanted to play, but never got around to it. 

I arrived first, a little early, and found a table for us. The bartender came right out to ask me what I wanted. I think usually people go up to the bar to order, but I think I had a look on my face like a lost dog while picking a seat! The bartender was super nice and friendly. And I ordered a beer called Koffee. I have heard of coffee flavored beer before but never tried it. It is so yummy. It taste like chocolate covered coffee beans, but without the chocolate. The coffee I drink at work tastes more like water and/or burned water with a hint of the coffee taste. So the beer had a more pure coffee flavor. It was so delicious that when Kelsi arrived she ordered one. Caitlin cannot drink beer. Huss had one cider and one wine on tap. She got the cider, and it looked like apple juice. We nursed our drinks and chatted for quiet a while. As the evening waned the house lights did come on so that threw the chill vibe off. Which was fine. People around seemed to get a little more chatty, and the group playing Jenga caught everyone's attention a few times. But it was all in good fun. At one point a herd of people came in to get handles of beers to go. It was quite the location.

So at the tap room you can order food or bring it in, but they don't have food there. Since we didn't know that, and we didn't know much in the area we decided to go south a few miles to get sushi at a place called Sting Ray. It is right next to Orange Theory Fitness off the I-10 and Ray. Caitlin and I go to the OT Fitness sometimes and every time I go in I just think about the delicious sushi while I'm running on the treadmill. But I had never gone to Sting Ray before. 

We arrived around seven and were seated quickly. We ordered other drinks. I was going to get another beer, but then Caitlin asked if they served Sake Sangria. They don't officially have that drink, but they did serve it. So I ordered one, Caitlin did too, but only after making sure that it was gluten free. Then we decided to split some sushi rolls. It was quite tricky because certain ones had gluten, and we removed one of the ingredients in one roll, but the crunchy roll we ordered anyway and Caitlin didn't eat that one. It could have been quite the issue with the waitress, but she was so nice about it. She was very concerned and she seemed like she enjoyed learning more about the menu items as well. What a great attitude! The waitress also reminded Caitlin of Julia Stiles, which she took well too and was a running joke all night. 

The sushi was very good, so was the Sangria. This will probably just make my treadmill thoughts even worse, but oh well. We spend a lot of the night laughing about the jobs, guys and life in general. So it was really a good Social Activity! I think it was a good send off for Caitlin, even if she had to go home before midnight because she is a real working adult now and she wanted to get a good night sleep--not the day before, but two days before her first day of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...