Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Gender Reveal

 I am doing the gender reveal tomorrow. So I wanted to look up some wives tales and see what those say.

1. During my first ultra sound I tried that Ramzi Method. Online it is said to be accurate but it is not better than chance when studied. But during 6-8 week ultra sound you look for what side the placenta is on the left of the baby it is supposed to be a girl and on the right it is a boy. Mine was GIRL.

2. I also tried to look during the last ultra sound for the "nub" which people can see during week 12-14. My scan was at 11 weeks and 4 days so a little early. It is supposed to be pretty accurate. What you do it look to see if the nub is pointed up towards the face (boy) or down away from the face (girl). I looked but I couldn't really see any nub. I thought maybe I saw something once, but it may have been the chord. That was pointed up for BOY.

So some wives tales:

3. A few weeks ago my sister went to a baby shower and they all did the ring gender predicting game. My sister's predicted one girl and then two boys. My sister only wants two kids the predictive powers of the ring might be lacking. She made me do the ring game, but guess what, the ring didn't move at all! I tried different rings, different chains and etc. I have an essential tremor so my hand isn't that steady. So my ideomotor movements should have predicted like 20 kids for my. But I had none. In the end it was moving very slightly but not really in an direction but I said it looks like a BOY.

4. The Mayan gender calendar/Chinese Calendar says if your age and the month of conception are both even or both odd then you will have a girl and if its the opposite you will have a boy. So for me it will be a GIRL.

5. Sweet or Spicy/Salty. I usually want spicy food but I have been averse to the idea. But other than that I think I am getting mix of wants. Some days I want fruits and ice cream other days I want pickles and pastas. However, pickles and pastas are more like my normal died whereas I don't usually have ice cream at the house. I have also wanted a lot of pancakes and that is unusual as well. So I would say I want sweets more than normal so I have a sweets cravings. Sweet is for GIRL.

6. Citrus craving? Yes GIRL

7. Thicker leg hair for boys. I have not noticed thicker leg hair. I have not needed to shave more often. So this one is GIRL.

8. The baby's heart rate at the last ultrasound was 167 and that is above 140 so that is supposed to mean GIRL.

9. More morning sickness is associate with girls and even though I had some times I got sick I didn't really feel nausea outside of those times and also if it had been a while since I ate. I also felt sick if I took my prenatal until I started taking it before bed. So I would say for me I didn't have morning sickness so that is BOY.

10. One tale says that a girl steals your beauty! I haven't noticed any breakouts or bad skin. I usually have good skin so it would be noticeable if I had a breakout. So that is BOY.

11. This also applies to hair. Fuller and shiny hair is for a boy. I haven't really noticed but my mom said it looked nice a few times even though I hadn't really done it. So I will count that as BOY.

 12. A change in body temp is supposed to be a predictor. If you are cold and icy it is a boy and if you are hot and sweaty you are having a girl. I am generally not a person that gets cold or hot when indoors. So I was surprised that my feet and legs got so cold in the beginning. But I did have a sluggish thyroid at my first blood pregnancy test. A symptom of a low thyroid is being cold. Even still I will say that means I am having a BOY.

13. Pregnancy dreams. Whatever you dream about the gender is supposed to be the opposite. I haven't had any dreams about the pregnancy, but while planning how to do the gender reveal I have had some day dreams that it would be a boy, so the opposite is GIRL.

14.-15. So it is a bit early for me to be showing and I have lost weight 4 lbs from when I weighted in during the 4th week when I started using my pregnancy app. I think I was probably bloated that day because my current weight is more like what is has been throughout the year. So I think it was just the hormones. Still I think my stomach is out/up now compared to earlier this year. So out BOY and up is for GIRL.

16. Darker nipples? No GIRL.

17. Which Breast is bigger? Left GIRL

18. If you look in a mirror for a minute and your eyes dilate then you are having a boy. I just did that and nothing happened. GIRL.

19. Is skin dry or soft. It is not dry even though it is winter and usually gets dry, but I don't really know what soft means. But since its not dry then it is a GIRL.

20. Headaches? I have headaches normally, but I think I have had a few more recently. I think it's because I have been sleepier and have had coffee aversions. I even had migraines at least three times. I will have migraines normally anyway, but I don't know how regular they are, but it can be a few in a shortish time. So I will say it is a little more than normal. BOY.

21. Sleep on left or right? I think I want to sleep on right more often but I read that left is better...though it isn't huge especially this early in pregnancy. So I do go back and forth from left to right, but I think I prefer the right. GIRL.

Final Count

Girl 13 - Boy 8

I'll update this post tomorrow with the reveal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...