Tuesday, August 25, 2020

San Diego Summer Trip 2020

Saturday the 8th, was the first day in San Diego we arrived in mid afternoon. My Mom, Dad and brother went to downtown San Diego. Where we went to The Fish Gaslamp for a drink and fish tacos. Of course I didn't drink. I told everyone that I was slight hungover from the day before. After the dinner we walked over the convention center and walked down the walking path along San Diego Bay. It was so beautiful out. We walked all the way to the Navy ships and back. We went to Petco Park to see if we could look at the baseball game, but it was closed. We went back to the house near Mission. My sister, her husband, his son, their daughter and their dog were finally there. We didn't do that much that night, just talked, played with the baby, and said what we wanted to do in the morning.

On Sunday we went to get Acai bowls, at Clairmont Coffee, my Mom's favorite place. The Acai bowls were good, but I won't say that were the best of the best, but we did end up going two other times. After that we went grocery shopping for the week. We planned for two dinners in and breakfasts as well as some little things to make lunch. Then we called a family friend about fun things to do in San Diego during covid. The boys went to hit golf balls.

After that we had a little lunch and then went to Mission Beach. At the beach I went all the way into the ocean even getting my hair wet. I usually think the ocean in California is freezing, but I don't think I've ever been in August. It was cold, but not too cold perhaps it was late enough in the summer and the day. I went in a few times first just to calves and then shoulders before finally going in all the way. It has been a long time since I have been in the ocean. Everyone was drinking at the beach so I had my Yeti filled up with a Icee and ginger ale mix but no booze. It seemed like I drank a lot though!

We made a carniceria with steak, grilled veggies and tortillas delicious! We played apples to apples. I got a Budweiser (my dad's fav) and poured it out in the toilet. Then rinsed it out in the sink and filled it with water. Then I could really drink out of the can and the water was nice after a long day and all the fizzy drinks at the beach. I lost the first round of Apples to Apples and my sister made a rule that if one of your cards wasn't picked you had to sit under the table the next round. So Kian my step-nephew and I had to sit under the table, more on the ground, until we finally got a card picked. Guess it was lucky for Kian because he won the next game.

On Monday after we woke up my sister and mom worked on their stock options, my brother in law was working as well. My dad was watching the baby, so I started bacon and then made the egg scramble. My Mom eventually helped by toasting bread or bagels to make an egg sandwich.

After they returned, we went to fiesta island, which is a beach that you can bring your dogs which my sister did. I walked there it took an hour. I wanted to walk along the coast but I thought the directions on my phone were wrong! So I took a different route, that was just a normal suburbs streets. I didn't wear sun screen on my arms just on my shoulders, chest and face and they got sun burned a little bit. My brother in law rode is bike to meet us but a little later. 

We hung out at the beach throwing the ball for the dog, playing with the baby and we had paddle boards which some of us used around the cove. The water was even warmer than that day before because it was in a cover, but I didn't get my hair went because no one would swim across with me. 

After the beach we went to the fish shop. It was so good! I got a fish plate with seared tuna which was so good. Everyone else got tacos. My brother-in-law let me try some shrimp which was also amazing. I ordered a canned beer only pretended to drink it.

When we were done we went to play miniature golf and ice cream. It was fun, and I did well on some holes, but other holes I did horrible. 

On Tuesday that boys woke up and went to breakfast and golfing. Kian's favorite! They took the truck but my Dad took the keys to my mom's car. So we couldn't use the car. My sister and brother in law have a work truck at the house so we were able to use that to get acai bowls, but only two people could fit in the car. However we couldn't really do anything activities until they got back. At least we convince them to only do 9 holes.

When they returned the girls decided that we wanted to do a hike, Dad and Tyler came too. My brother's friend Alex met us because he was in town. The hike was super hot and it took me a while to get up to the top, but I did it! 

After the hike we went back to the house, some people went to fiesta beach again, but I stayed at the house and rested. 

When everyone was back we made chick kebabs, we had to get a few more because of Alex and my sister couldn't eat the ones from Vons. So we got a few from Sprouts. The sprouts ones were better. Next time we are only getting those. We also got roasted potatoes.

After that we played cranium the teams were Dad, Mom, Me, the Andersons, and Tyler with Alex. Tyler and Alex play that game more often. My team won! I was a good drawer, my mom was a good at the language clues and my dad was a good actor. We were all good guessers.

On Wednesday, we had a slow start. We had egg sandwiches again. Tyler and Alex wanted to golf again and Dave was willing to. So Tyler and Alex went to the mission course to put their name in and hit golf balls. Dave followed.

After they were done, we decided to try to go to balboa park and Coronado island. I went with my mom and dad. Balboa wasn't interesting to my mom so we went to Coronado, but  my brother and Alex stayed there. At Coronado we just walked around and eventually went to the brewery. I didn't drink anything, but my mom gave what was leftover in her can of wine. I would have liked the beer though. 

On the way back to the car I stopped in a shop and got a mug for my roommate since she was watching my dog. She loves mugs and tea so I knew she would like it.

That night we went back to the fish shop. I got tacos with everyone that night. They weren't my favorite tacos/fish tacos, but the fish was very good. I think the plates are better in my opinion, but I can be picky about my tacos. I did substitute shrimp in one of the tacos and that was better than the mahi which was dry. I ordered a canned beer again but this time I cleaned out the can in the bathroom and put water in it. That night we played uno, except for Tyler and Alex. I won the first round and Dave won the second.

On Thursday, my parents, brother and I went home. Alex went to LA. The Andersons stayed another day.

Update on my fertility journey. My cycle just started Monday the 24. I noticed that it is different than my normal flow. About twice a year, I will have a cycle I feel more cramps this time, than normal. Also, the blood is brownish-black, since my period came five days after stopping progesterone, it could be because the blood is a little older, but it could also be a sign of a miscarriage. So now I am leaning to believing that I was spotting from implantation in San Diego. So I think the egg was fertilized, but I the pregnancy didn't take. I think people who have been trying to conceive count a miscarriage as a good sign and I'm going to as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...