Tuesday, May 19, 2020

A-Z Places to Visit - "D"

This past weekend Arizona began to open up and people were allowed to loosen up on social distancing. I am still working from home because my job can be done at home. At my company there are positions where you can't work from home, and to lower the risk of infection they are keeping people home who can be at home, until the end of May.

So this weekend, I went to visit my parents and they wanted to get out too, but they were still uncomfortable going to a restaurant or retail business. On Sunday, Mom had the idea that we could drive up to Payson and go on a hike/walk in the forest. It was in mid-90s in Phoenix, but in Payson it was in the 70s. However, she thought of it too late in the morning and didn't want to drive that far. Instead we drove to Superior which is about an hour away, and at the base of the mountains. It was still 89 when we got there, but we hiked the Legends of Superior Trail (LOST) and there was no shady! So we only ended up hiking halfway in before turning around. It was still a nice hike, and Dad said he wanted to do the entire trail in the fall.

After the hike, we went to Porter on Main for a beer, the patio was open. My parents were nervous about being around other people, but it was nice to be out for a beer again. We also ordered a lunch/dinner. They served burgers and sandwiches which are not my Mom's favorite, but they food was good for bar food.

I think it was a good way to start to get out and also to support a small business. Soon I might be able to visit one of the places on the list. There are not as many D places as A-C, so I only have a few D cities.

Countries:

Denmark
Denmark- I would love to visit Denmark. I have three additional European tours that I have in mind, Denmark is on one of those tours. It has great museums, it has awesome castles, delicious food. It would be fun to visit in winter or summer. It also has great beer and I'm always a fan of that.

Dominican Republic- This is another Caribbean beach vacation that I would want to go to. I think the food would be good, and there is some adventures like whale watching and zipline if I needed a break from hanging out at the beach.

States:  

Delaware- This isn't the more common tourist destination in the US, but I would still like to go. Not only because I would want to visit all 50 states, but it was also the first state. While there I would like to visit the breweries and some historic sites.

Cities:

Dresden- Since I have already been to Dublin. This is the top city that starts with D that I would visit in Europe. It has a lot of history, it had to be rebuilt after WWII and was known as the Jewel Box.

Dubai- It is a popular destination. I would like to see the indoor skiing, the world's tallest building and also the man made islands. 

De Doorns- I would like to visit the wineries here and there are safari day trips near by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...