Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A-Z Places to Visit - "C"

This is the third installment, of my list of places that I want to visit one day. This time I will be listing places that start with the letter C. If invited I would not say no to most destinations, but I am trying to list places that I haven't been to before and places that interest me.

Countries:


Canada - In 1635 John Emery Senior came to the Massachusetts colony aboard the James after his first wife died he married the Webster widow, Mary Shatswell. Then, for four generations my ancestors lived in Massachusetts and then New Hampshire, but sometime between 1805 and 1815 they moved to Hatley, Canada. They lived here for two generations until 1891 when they moved back to New Hampshire. More Information here and here. My nearest closest relative born outside of the US is my great grandfather who was born in Hatley and my Uncle says he has been invited to Emery family reunions there as well. So I would like to visit and explore the area more. Of course I would also like to visit more normal destinations as well.

Chile- I would love to visit Chile. My Mom lived there one summer when her father was working in Chile. I want to go to see the culture, the scenic views. I also want to visit Tierra del Fuego and see the penguins.

China- I would love to visit China and see the Great Wall. There is 5,000 years of history as it was the oldest country in the world. It has great food and an amazing culture. Here is a guide.

Colombia- My great grandparents visited Colombia twice on their tour of South America, at the beginning and end of the tour. First visit and second visit. I would like to see the rain forests, the indigenous ruins, and it is on the Caribbean so you can also visit beautiful beaches.

Costa Rica- This is a popular destination for people in Arizona. It is similar to tourist destinations in Mexico, but it is a little bit more exotic. Also you can visit Costa Rica in the winter for a beach vacation because it is closer to the equator.

Croatia- I didn't always want to visit Croatia, but a co-worker of mine was planning to visit, and she got me interested as well. It is inexpensive and not too touristy yet, but it has a lot of the charm that more popular European destinations have.
Prague

Cyprus- I would like to visit Cyprus. It is a relaxing destination with delicious food. It also has a lot of history so that is also worth exploring.

Czech Republic- This would be a fantastic country to visit. You can visit all the castles, and Prague is a great city to visit as well.

States

Connecticut- I have been to the other C states, and technically I have been to Connecticut but only flying in or driving thru to get to New Hampshire or New York. I would like to visit because my great grandfather's family lived there for a little while. I would like to visit Hartford to do some family searches. I would like to visit Poquonock and see Mark Twain's House.

Cities

Cinque Terre, Italy- When my sister studied in Italy, Como was one of her favorite destinations. I have had coworkers and friends say this in also one of their favorite because it is so beautiful.

Cinque Terre
Cusco, Peru- Cathedrals, Inca temples, Food and drink. A great city to visit on your way to Machu Picchu.

Cozumel, Mexico- My sister has been as a day trip from Cancun. It is also a popular cruise destination. I would most like to visit there while sailing the Caribbean on a smaller boat with my family. It would be a great vacation.

Cairo, Egypt- I do want to visit Egypt, but it will probably be a while before I do so. It might not be the safest place to travel right now, but probably better than it was. Of course I would like to visit to see the history and culture.

Coron, Phillipines- I would love to visit the white sand beaches and beautiful lagoons. I would also love to visit for the food.

Cook Islands- Speaking of beautiful oceans there are also beautiful landscape. I would love to go swimming and hiking here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...