Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A-Z Places to Visit - A

Since this is originally a travel blog, I wanted to get back into writing about travel. I am going to do a series A-Z of places, countries, states, and cities that I would like to visit in the future. I will do a few for every letter. I will also add some itinerary items for each place. I am only listing places that I want to go to, I would go to other places if invited, but I probably wouldn't visit them on my own, at least not until I visit other places first. 

"A" Places to Visit

Countries:

Andorra - Is a beautiful country between France and Spain. It would make a good day trip from Barcelona, or to spend a night at the igloo hotel.


Argentina - I would love to go to to partake in the food and culture. I would love to visit some wineries and glaziers. I would also like to visit because of my great grandparents visited the country on their tour of South America. You can check out their journey in Buenos Aires here and here.
Austria
Austria-  Vienna is a beautiful city to visit. I would love to visit for the music history and gorgeous views. I also want to drink their hot chocolate. My friend loves the city so much she wants to name her first child after it.

Australia- Many people have this on their bucket list. Wanting to see kangaroo and koala, beaches and the outback. I want to see all of those. But I also want to visit the Might Black Stump for a selfie in Adelaide.

States: 

I want to visit every state in the nation eventually, so I will likely list them all, unless I've already been there.
Alaska

Alabama - I would love to see Montegomery and visit places where Martin Lurther King's home, visit the gulf coast, and see US space center. I would also like to visit Birmingham because my Grandma's cousin lived there and she put together a lot of the family history. She was part of mensa and incredible. So I would love to visit the area she grew up in especially because she lived there in the 1930s-1950s. So she really lived in a place where history was made.

Alaska - I want to visit Alaska possibly for an entire summer in the future. Living in Arizona it would be nice to get away from the heat for a while. I would love to visit sled dogs, glaciers and if I ever go in the winter the Northern Lights. At one of the first jobs was at a local chain and one of the other servers would live in Alaska every summer. He would work at a restaurant there too. It might be fun to do something like that when I reach FIRE.

Arkansas - I would love to visit Washington State Park to learn what it was like as a pioneer. I would also love to eat the food and listen to the music.

Cities:

I will select a city or town from each continent or Australia/Oceania.

Athens, Greece - I would love to visit Athens. I love the history from the region and would appreciate seeing the ruins. I would also like to visit for the food, culture and weather.

Angkor Wat, Cambodia - This is an ancient city, but I would still love to visit. It is an amazing ancient site and it's not something I would want to miss.


Arequipa
Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire - There are many walking tours and culture tours around the city and beautiful day trips.

Auckland, New Zealand - I would love to visit this city. It has beautiful views. I would also love to see the natural wildlife. 

Acapulco, Mexico - I have been to many places in Mexico but this is one tourist destination that I have not been. I would love to go for the beaches, culture and adventure.

Arequipa, Peru - I would love to visit Peru and this city has natural and man made wonders. It has plazas and churches that are a staple of South America. I would also need to visit the salt lake just to take a picture, since my roommate loves salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...