Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 3: north shore hike

On the third day, we decided to go on a hike on the other side of the island the only problem was the fact that Caitlin had an exam that had to be done by 9pm. So that meant we needed to be back by 6pm.

Everything was mostly smooth Melissa was in the Scott's car and our car was filled with the sound of my sister reading here school book. Torture after an hour. But the trip was longer than an hour. Also about 5 miles away from it the road was closed because of a down power line. We went back to hanalei and everyone had a little snack. Most got smoothies I had a delicious acai bowl. So good. We walked around, ate and talked. So it was fun and would have been better without our deadline.

Once we got to the hike we decided to hike for 90 minutes in and turn around although if need be some could stay for longer. I am normal hiker I think I could have made it to the beach in the normal 2 hour time frame but I didn't have that amount of time. I was left behind to take my time which was fine with me the views were amazing and i kept asking if they has seen a tall red head ahead of me and then ask how far away he was. So funny.

I found out later that my sister and brother ran to the beach and made it there and back with only about a ten minute error although that ten minutes might have been when they looked at the beach. Bre, aunt Karen and mom stayed at the beach longer and got good pictures. Dad and uncle Jim met me about 90 minutes in. Apparently the last mile or so to the beach was all downhill and they didn't want to walk up on the way back. The mile mark also was the high part of the two mile part of the hike so they were able to go downhill when they turned around. I wish I had met mom, bre and Aunt Karen, but my dad and uncle Jim didn't really give me the info on how we could split the cars up. Oh well. It was still a good hike.

On the way back the car ride was mostly the same but for some reason after Caitlin read gout my dad repeated her then my brother then me and we did that a few times. So now it is a thing we do that the other people in our trip just don't get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...