Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 1: Caitlin and Bernadette's adventure in Hawaii.

Day 1 of the trip. I set off at exactly 5:50am for the airport. I had one stop getting to Dave's house because he was going to drop my sister and I off at the airport so that we wouldn't have to pay big bucks to park for a week. Upon arriving there I found that Caitlin and I were both wearing Cardinal shirt and I my cardinals hat. We laughed because she said she should have known that I would wear that. The shirts turned out to give us a lot of attention in Hawaii especially since by the time we arrived they had won 40-11 and everyone was letting us know!

The plane ride was quite long I passed the time by watching glee, sleeping and read "The Maze Runner." Caitlin slept at the beginning and then did homework. She is in her first semester of physical therapy school. So she needed to study because she has to take a test online during our vacation.

We flew on Hawaiian. The gave us samples of kona coffee and free rum passion fruit drinks before landing in Honolulu.

In Honolulu we were supposed to have a layover of a few hours but our flight had arrived early and they were able to get us on the island hopper plane not one but two flights ahead of schedule. However they couldn't move our bags. We took the chance anyway and took the flight over.

In Kauai in  a blink of our eye we went to baggage claim services and asked them to put our bags in their room for our parents to pick up. We gave our baggage claim numbers and info. The plan was to get a ride to the timeshare. However, we found out quickly that we couldn't without our Dad's permission but since he was in transit that wasn't happening. The lady at information told us that the Marriott near the airport would pick up people who had a few hours to spare before their flight then she said there was a beach and a bar to get a drink. We were in! Now I am making this sound simple but it tool about an hour but we still had almost three before everyone else arrived. If we had more knowledge at the beginning we could have been at the beach early. Still it ended up being a nice time and I think a good choice to take that earlier flight. Although it meant we missed all of the cardinals game and not just some.

So after we called the shuttle we arrived at the Marriott and went down to the beach. When we arrived Caitlin was taking pictures of the view to send to our G'ma who could have been very worried about our adventurous spirit since we had been communicating with her. A really cute guy asked if we wanted a picture taken and we said yes. So he took two one of the main view and another facing away from the sun.

Then, we decided to get a drink at Duke's. We were in Hawaii on vacation after a long flight. So we wanted a drink. We both got lava flows which are like strawberry pina coladas. She started to study again. So I looked about and read more.

About an hour later my sister asked when do you think they will get in exactly. I looked up and saw a plane coming in and said I think that's them. We laughed. But 5 minutes later my brother sent message saying that they had arrived. So we took the shuttle back to the airport.

So ends the adventure for only the two of us, but it brings the adventure of #emeryscotthawaiitrip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Week 25-29

On Wednesday 17th I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I had noticed some red spots in the last few months and I was due for a check...